Suresearch monthly meetings
Suresearch Monthly Meetings
All monthly meetings start at 10.30 am, and finish by 1pm. Tea, coffee and a warm welcome are available from 10.00 am.
Our meetings are open, friendly, informal and relaxed. Everyone present has the chance to sit and listen or contribute to the discussions, raise topics and distribute information. News of local and national developments is shared, along with up to date information on current research and teaching projects, as well as discussions on new and forthcoming projects. Members can volunteer to become involved in a variety of ways including:
- attending conferences, promoting Suresearch at conferences by talking to other delegates or being part of a group presentation at a conference or attending to find out and share any information gathered at the next Suresearch meeting.
- working in small groups commenting on course content, working alongside academics on interview panels and providing feedback on practical assignments.
- getting involved in research work by helping Suresearch members put together research bid documents, design the content and layout of questionnaires and taking part in the research project. Taking part could include interviewing service users on their experiences, interviewing academics, students or professionals on their roles and thoughts or working in a small group to help collate the findings and put together a report
- taking part in training sessions to train students, academics and professionals around mental health service user and carer involvement.
- taking part in the Inpatient Care Forum, which is concerned with psychiatric inpatient issues.
You can see dates of our monthly meetings here.
ALL OUR FACE TO FACE MEETINGS ARE CANCELLED. SEE NEWS AND VIEWS FOR UPDATES.