Welcome to Suresearch
Suresearch is a network of Service Users in Research and Education. We welcome as members, users and survivors of mental health services and their allies, who have experience and/or an interest in mental health research and education. We are a non-affiliated organisation based in the Institute of Applied Social Studies, University of Birmingham.
Our members have a wide range of education and research skills, knowledge and experience. Suresearch provides a supportive environment and a wide range of opportunities for members to explore and become involved in.
Suresearch aims to influence the quality, ethics and values of mental health research and education by linking with other local, regional and national partnerships in the mental health arena. This approach and successful strategy not only provides service user expertise where it matters, but also delivers on 'Service User Involvement'.
We are achieving this by:
- increasing the involvement of mental health service users in research and education
- providing opportunities for members to work in partnership with each other to share and develop skills and knowledge
- developing and providing programmes of education and training for members
- responding to and taking up opportunities for research, consultancy and education
- influencing the quality, ethics and values of mental health research and education
- linking with other local, regional and national partnerships in mental health
New members are always welcome.
Please follow the links to find out about our monthly meetings, agendas and information shared on our Information page.
At present the main navigation menu buttons are not working as they should, You can avoid opening multiple windows as you explore the site, by using the secondary navigations links at the bottom of each page.